August 14, 2014

[Castle Rock Companion] Bag of Bones

"I have to be honest. I was so damn bored by the story’s staunch refusal to go nowhere that I ended up going to Wikipedia to read the summary. Spoiling myself on the ending was the only way I could find to convince myself to keep going; that yes, there would eventually be some action happening that would give this slowly trawling along novel a purpose. As such, it’s possible that knowing the “shock” moments ahead of time made them have less of an emotional effect on me; but it’s also true that if I hadn’t been reading this for the purpose of this project I would never have made it to those moments because I would have given up on the book."

To read more, check out Angie's latest post. Especially the cryptic final line!

Castle Rock series index.

No comments: